Thursday, November 27, 2008

My First 5K!

Well, I did the Turkey Trot at the Hammock this morning and completed my first official 5K. Let's just say it was my best time ever! (yes-I know-it was my only time ever, but ya gotta start somewhere people! My only suggestion for those of you planning on trying a 5K-don't choose the one in November, even in Florida, it was C-O-L-D!(Keep in mind these pictures were post race!)Me, Heidi and Sarah, Heidi's cousin.

The Cannons made it a family affair and Eddie placed 3rd in his age division!

4 comments:

Heidi S said...

Yea for us!!!

I hope y'all are having a great Thanksgiving!

Stacy said...

The cold kept the only Cannon girl away...YIKES, did I get in trouble.The girls had planned on running with us for fun as well but it was just WAY to cold to take them out. Ryan and I started running recently and printed out a program on the internet. He has always wants to do the Tri. That one is not for me. I am looking forward to some 5K's but I won't swim with the creatures...I was so excited Eddie did it 21 minutes. I guess my nephew was next and Bobby came in 3rd out of the crew. Pam with a hurt knee crossed at 36 minutes. So, to say the least I have some catching up to do, lots of training and running. My family said they saw you cross.
More runs to come,
Stacy!!!

The O'Herns said...

You GO GIRL!!! I stayed at home.. in the warm house...and stuffed my face ;)

Wendy said...

Congrats Angie.....I am so impressed!! I can't believe you have been sucked into the "running" crowd:)