Sunday, November 23, 2008

Happy 5th Birthday Peyton!!!!!

Well, 5 years ago today (@ 10:54 pm to be exact) I became a mother to a beautiful baby boy, Peyton Robert Spencer. He was my first baby and I thought he'd never arrive, but he was well worth the wait. He has brought countless moments of joy and fun (and a little exasperation) over the last five years. He is smart and loving, funny and mischevious, cute and outgoing. . .I could go on and on. Here's a look back!

Some of my favorite moments include:

  • The first time he said, "I love you, Momma." -Of course!
  • The time he told me he was going to pray for me because I was not agreeing to his plan of wearing his pajamas all day. (and all this praying took place on the potty, of all places)
  • His first t-ball game that he was so excited for.
  • Watching him love on his little brother and sister when they were born (and occasionally, still)
  • When he chose coffee at Starbucks over hangin' with Daddy at Chili's.
  • Almost every moment in between November 23, 2003 and today!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Aynsley sends big birthday wishes to her favorite pal/rival Peyton.

A cutie and more....He's destined for greatness for sure!

Heidi S said...

Happy birthday Peyton!!!

I absolutely loved the look back in time. What a great post!

Dawn said...

I agree with Heidi that he is destined for greatness. He is such a wonderful little man and I enjoy him everyday in my class!! That is not an exaggeration. He is so cute, Angi!! You and John have done a wonderful job raising him!! Happy Birthday, Peyton Love, Your Ms. Dawn

Robyn said...

What a precious post! I loved the B&W pic of him and Jon...TOO CUTE!

They grow up SO FAST! It honestly seems like 2 Thanksgivings ago we were anxiously awaiting his arrival!

RHV