Last Monday, I suggested we pick the kids up from school and then go get our favorite treats (Dairy Queen Large Reese's Cup Blizzard for him, Starbucks Grande Vanilla Latte for me). Anyway, Brady and his sweet tooth were all about sharing Daddy's blizzard while Peyton was all about having some of Mommy's Latte. So being the selfless mother I am I asked the barrista (sp?) at Starbucks if she could make Peyton his own little latte. She was more than happy to oblige and Peyton thoroughly enjoyed his first latte. As we arrived home and were getting out of the car I said to Peyton, "Peyton how about if Mommy picks you up every once and awhile from school and we go to Starbucks and have coffee and talk about our day?" You would have thought I had asked the kid if he wanted to go Disney World. He was so excited! Well, I don't think Daddy was thinking this idea was especially "manly" so he said, "Peyton, why doesn't Daddy pick you up and we'll go to happy hour at Chili's and talk about hot chicks?" It took Peyton all of about 3 seconds to say, "No, I want to go have coffee with Mommy and talk about my day." Score one for Mommy.


3 comments:
I love it! I wish I could be around more often to experience the hilariousness :) Miss you all!
hahahaha. Way to go mommy!
Rod says he needs to have a talk with Jon about this...
Post a Comment