Monday, August 24, 2009

"We Did Stuff"

Well, it's official I now have a kid in kindergarten.  This morning at 7:20 I walked Peyton into Mrs. Shinholser's class and he acted like he was an old pro.  He was so excited and neither worry nor nervous were in his vocabulary this morning. This was shortly before I left and started sobbing in my car.Peyton with his wonderful teacher.  Peyton with his good buddy, Ashley.  Peyton with the full-time volunteer in his class, Mrs. Stratton.  The kids on the way to school.  The boys on their first day of school (Rylee declined to take part in the photo op by throwing herself on the floor). 

I talked to Peyton this afternoon on the phone and here's his summary of his first day of kindergarten:  "We played on the playground, did stuff, wrote stuff, and then I rode the bus."  I guess that pretty much covers it!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I love this!

Esp. the part about Rylee declining to take part in the photo op. Funny !

Glad Peyton's first day was good...doing "stuff" sure is fun.

Nick said...

At least Brady's eye doesn't look too bad. Hope Peyton had a great first kindergarten class!