Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A Christmas Survey

I read this on the Living Proof Ministries Blog and thought it may be fun a few days before Christmas. And since it's Tuesday and I don't have anything better to offer; this is my Two-Thumbs Up Tuesday Tip. . .FUN, for absolutely no good reason! (Copy and paste on your own blog and add your own answers!)

1. Fresh Tree or Fake Tree
Fake-This was mine and the hubby's first major fight of our marriage. Fake or Fresh (I wanted fresh), Colored or White lights (I wanted white) So, after three days of barely speaking we compromised, white lights on a fake tree, and we've never gone back.

2. Favorite Ornament
This cute little snowman ornament Peyton was fascinated with his second Christmas (he had just turned one).

3. Favorite Christmas Song
O Holy Night by any decent singer

4. Favorite Tradition
Opening one gift on Christmas Eve at my grandma's house, which I've altered for my own kids. We open one gift on Christmas Eve, too, except it's always their Christmas pajamas (Thanks to my SIL, Stacy for that great idea).

5. Favorite Gift Ever Received
Two Christmases ago my wonderful husband surprised me with a laptop. I had been wanting one really, really bad and he came through. I didn't think I would get one that Christmas because we had just found out Rylee Jane was on the way (our third in three 1/2 years) and I didn't think our budget could handle it. But, Jon had ordered it about a week before we found out about RJ and there was the laptop Christmas Morning waiting for me next to the coffeemaker.

6. Favorite Christmas Meal

The usual, followed by my Aunt Jacque's scotcheroos (although, really, these are a staple at any family gathering, not just Christmas)

7. Favorite Christmas Cookie
My mother-in-law, Suzy's Christmas Tree cookies.

8. Favorite Place To Be
Wherever my family is, Florida or Indiana, we always have a great Christmas because we have great families in both places.

9. Favorite Memory
I have two (other than watching my own children on Christmas, of course). First-On Christmas afternoon we would always head over to my Aunt Jacque's house with all our loot to hang out with her family and my Aunt Cathy's family and just enjoy each other and all our new stuff! My childhood memories mostly center around mine and my two aunt's families. We spent so many good times together-loving, laughing (and a little fighting) but mostly laughing!

Second-For many years of my childhood my greatest ambition was to be a Dallas Cowboy cheerleader and one Christmas my parents . . .uh, I mean Santa. . .brought me a Dallas Cowboy jacket (the shiny 1980s kind). I was in tacky, cheerleader heaven.

10. Favorite Christmas Movie (and Book!)
The Best Christmas Pageant Ever: If you've never read this book or seen the movie, I highly recommend it! I just finished it with my students and even as 6th graders they enjoyed it immensely.

Alright, as I said before, FUN for no good reason!

0 comments: