Sunday, August 1, 2010
From the Dark Cave to OZ
Well, summer is starting to come to a close as is our time here in Indiana (no cheering, Robyn). We've enjoyed it immensely and still have another week of fun left. But.....since there's no guarantee I'll get around to posting when I return to real life I thought I'd catch up on the summer now.Jon was crowned a Minisino at camp. This won't mean a lot to most of you but for those of you that know...it's a big honor in the boy scout world.
We turned 3 and fell in love with Ariel and all things "Princess."
We hung out at Nana's and Papa's looking cute and loving each other (for the moment, at least).
We ate LOTS and LOTS of these...for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
We lost a few of these.
We bounced...
we slid...
we climbed...
and played some more (and this was all in one evening! I was exhausted).
We finally left that dark cave and landed...in the land of oz. We've watched the movie more times than I can count and when our cousin Kayley brought us "genuine" Ruby slippers...well, that just made it official. She even told the waitress at dinner one night her name was Dorothy Gale.
And if all that wasn't enough, we went to the county fair last night and did all things "county fair." Such as, ferris wheel riding... 
corndog eating...
and Indiana sweet corn eating...
as always, a summer to remember and it's not even over yet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Love it!! Great summer memories : ) miss you guys
A few comments:
1. Congratulations to Jon on his Minisino. As you thought, I don't know what that is but I know he deserved it!
2. A lost tooth? Wow. Congrats Peyton!
3. The picture of you and Riley on the ferris wheel is absolutely precious! Her little face is so cute and happy!
4. Brady, the way you eat a corn dog is the way I eat a corn dog...love those things!!!
5. It's obvious your summer has been memorable and fun. I'm so glad!
6. We miss you and can't wait to see you back Down South very soon!
I second everything that the other Heidi said. Miss you girl. Will be glad when your hubby allows your return.
Oh, we miss you too, Jon.
Heidi
Your right -- missing every single on of you all -- but glad you are having a great relaxing time of rest...See you soon...LOVE THE PICS!
Post a Comment