Friday, April 2, 2010

Put Me In Coach!

Well, another baseball season has come and gone in our household. This year both boys played-Brady played T-Ball and Peyton moved up to the pitching machine league. I spent a lot (a lot) of time at the same baseball field growing up while my brother Ryan played. I rarely tired of going to the ballfield and some of my best childhood memories occured there. And later as I grew up I hung out with boys who played baseball so my days (and evenings) were spent there again. It's been a long time since I've spent so much time there, but while I feel at home there, as a parent it's a little different. Brady is playing t-ball and I just hope he's not laying on the pitcher's mound or throwing dirt. With Peyton moving up it was a little different. I was anxious when he hit and was anxious when he was at 2nd base. I just wanted him to do well, because I knew he wanted to do well. He's not hard on himself and was blessed to have a fantastic coach who was the perfect balance between teaching baseball and having fun (Thanks Chris!) I hope his experience will continue to be as positive. Now on to spring soccer!Poor girl has no idea how many days she'll spend at the ball field.

0 comments: