Tuesday, May 19, 2009

He's Growing Up

No, your eyes are not deceiving you I am updating my blog. And it's for a very special reason. Peyton had his preschool graduation last night and that just means one more step closer to kindergarten. I'm quite sure I'm not ready for him to take this big step in his life but he certainly can't wait. In fact, he asked us last night if when he woke up this morning if he could go to kindergarten. Then we had to explain the whole summer concept. A concept, as two teachers, is very near and dear to our hearts.

The theme for the program was "Power Lab" as in God's Power. Ms. Dawn and Ms. Kathy and the rest of the staff did an amazing job with the music, dancing (in a Baptist church, imagine!), and decorations. Here's the proof: Peyton and Madeline rockin' The graduate with his diploma. Peyton with Reid and Beau. They've been in preschool together since they were in the infant class. Peyton with his buddies Jack and Morgan. Peyton with his wonderful, wonderful teacher Ms. Dawn. I could not have asked for a better teacher for my son. If I can't be with my son 24/7 I'm so glad he has the MOST loving, sweet, fun teacher any 5-year-old could ask for. We love you Ms. Dawn. Great-Grandad Bob and Grandma Frances came to see (and help with Rylee Jane). Ryan and the girls were there, too. Madison was a big help with Rylee. She is such a little mom and very helpful to have around. Maci has been giving Peyton the 411 on kindergarten as she is about to be a veteran of that whole deal. She informed me the other day they don't have a graduation for kindergarten-the nerve! Grandma and Grandad attending their 2nd preschool program in a week. Mommy and Daddy with our baby. Let the countdown begin for Life Milestone: Starting Kindergarten.

3 comments:

Robyn said...

He looks like he is READY for big milestone...although I completely understand why you are not. It starts a brand new...more serious and structured....stage of life.

Heidi S said...

This makes my heart ache for the day when I'll be doing all of this with Oren.

How can it be? Peyton? Going to kindergarten already?

Wendy said...

Don't want to think about our babies off to school already:( Taylor has graduation in a couple of weeks! She is also ready and wanting to count down the days.