Monday, April 6, 2009

Henscratch Farms

On Thursday of Spring Break we headed out to Henscratch Farms after lunch with the kids. Peyton was looking forward to "sorting" the eggs. I'm not sure where he came up with that term but hey, whatever. Well, we missed the egg gathering by a few minutes but we enjoyed feeding the chickens and just a pleasant day outside. Brady immediately liked feeding the chickens and even got brave enough to taunt the big rooster. He'd bow up to the rooster and say, "Come on, big rooster!" Thankfully the rooster did NOT take him up on the offer. Rylee and Peyton both took a minute or two to warm up to the idea of the chickens rushing them when they had a handful of cheerios but eventually enjoyed it as much as Brady.I think this is when Brady was debating whether he could take one of the chickens or not.The "Best" picture of the three of them and yes, if this is the "best" you definitely don't want to see the rest.Daddy's girl, ya think?Aforementioned "Big Rooster" By the way, I think that's his official name now.

What's better in springtime than a little front porch rocking?

2 comments:

Heidi S said...

Looks like this was a really fun day for the whole family. I want to take the boys for sure!

The Revell Family said...

Your kids are soooo cute!