Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Well, it's Tuesday and I actually have a contribution this week for Two Thumbs Up Tuesday. I actually took these pictures a couple of months ago to use on a Tuesday and am just now getting around to it! My two thumbs up is the . . .Bacon and Jelly sandwich! Hey-don't say ick and turn your nose up until you've tried it.

A little history: My mom, Becky, and her two sisters, Cathy and Jacque, enjoyed bacon and jelly sandwiches growing up. Their grandmother, Gramma Nichols to me, was the one who introduced this delicacy to them. In turn, my mother and aunts made them for their children growing up and a number of us still eat them today. My cousin Carrie and I would have them at least once a week while we lived together in college. Now, some of us enjoy them toasted while others (me included) prefer plain old white bread. Also, the flavor of jelly is up to personal taste, mine is grape. I believe my mother prefers strawberry.

I know this sounds gross but I promise if you try it you will like it especially if you are like me and like the sweet/salty thing i.e. chocolate-covered pretzels. And just for verification I would appreciate it if a number of my family members commented on this post to back me up on this fine choice of a meal!

5 comments:

Jellybeans Children's Boutique said...

I found your cute blog through a link. Your family is adorable, and I love your little ones piggies. I thing that you might enjoy visiting our website and reading our blog.

Heidi said...

Angie, this sounds totally gross but I have a few odd delicasies (sp?) of my own so I'll try it. Promise.

cmprietz said...

Thanks for the reminder of such a delicacy. I can't believe I just ate a sandwich with bread, grape jelly and peanut butter, not bacon. It's on the menu for later this week (for old, college times sake).

Cathy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cathy said...

Ahhhh, the bacon/jelly sandwich. It just doesn't get ANY better. Toasted with grape jelly and butter, of course. The beauty of this little delicacy is that it stands alone. No need for soup or chips. Just lost of napkins. Love you! Aunt Cathy